1.The day is HERE!
Sunshine After the Storm is now PUBLISHED and available (currently only as Kindle download, but soon in paper copy) from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
Which also means that I've been able to get an author page, which is amazing.
2. October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day, and I'll be attending a service on Tuesday at a local church, in memory of Jesse and Sam, along with other loss parents. But through that day, which will undoubtedly be really hard, I'm going to try to hang onto the fact that my babies have inspired me to try to reach out to others. And the book being published, the amount of blog posts I've been able to submit across the internet, and the amount of interest and encouragement I've had about writing more are all reminders that I am my children's legacy, and it's okay to grieve for them and share them and try to help other loss mums (in particular) feel less alone when they find themselves in that awful situation.
3. My funds for running in Dyanne's honour are RAPIDLY zooming towards target - next target - see how far I can surpass the OLD target. We're going to get together some glow-sticks and make beautiful wrap-around light-bands for me to run in. I can't wait. I've also got a bag to fill with usable items to bring along to donate for Cancer Research UK to sell at one of their charity shops, AND I got the pack through with all the gubbins in it. WHOOT! If you feel like sponsoring, the link is here.
4. A thoroughly GORGEOUS weekend so far with our SanFranFriend. We stayed up late last night watching Star Trek, then he and I sat on our laptops showing each other various parts of the internet and collapsing into giggles at the things we found, while Husby eventually got tired and went to bed. Which is how, in the wee hours of the morning, the following image happened, and how (thanks to one of the Buzzfeed posts of bad autocorrects) our catchphrase today has been "Wa wa skittletits", which sends us into paroxysms of laughter each time one of us says it.
5. We went to the market, we bought bread, marinaded garlic, honey-cinnamon roasted cashews, fresh figs and NO HOT SAUCE. Because the guy wasn't there, which sucked, but the rest more than made up for it.
6. Husby and I were treated to lunch in a gorgeous bakery/cafe, which made all its own goodies.
7. Topped off at the end of the day with another round of Grandma's burgers (this time I remembered to add the mixed herbs, Dad - promise!) and homemade sweet potato wedges. And Star Trek again.
8. And I got BOOKS! Oh wow did I find some bargainalicious books :) To add to my bags and bags of undread gems which are just waiting for me. I may need to restrict myself from buying more at some point...which is a truly horrifying thought!
9. I am particularly thankful for my lovely bloggy friend Terrye, who has been such a source of encouragement and support to me with the progress in my writing, and who baby-stepped me through setting up an author page at Goodreads.com once the book's in hard copy. Which was so kind of her to take the time to help me out. If you use Goodreads - come and link up with me.
10. I'm thankful for my friends. Each and every one of them.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine